Probable Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flatty

Aquarium Advice Regular
While feeding my fish last night a couple of my black Neons decided to come into the light(they usually hang out toward the back top of tank where it is darker) and I noticed some white spots on their tail fins. After close inspection it looks like 2 of them with some a speck or two possible on one of my serpae tetra. I guess this means I have some ich. I cant move them as the only other tank I have is a 30 gallon breeder with a nasty leak, though I guess at this point moving them is somewhat pointless because it is already in the tank. Water parameters all look good and I had just done a 25% water change Saturday. Since I have a bristlenose pleco and live plants I think I am pretty well limited on treatment options aside from cooking them a bit, am I correct? I raised the water temperature gradually from last night it is 86 now aside from this is there anything else I can do but wait?

you can add a bit of aquarium salt if you have but that might be a risk because you have live plants so just maintain the temperature of 86 or higher F. they stop breeding at 86 and die out at 89 but i have the same problem i don't understand why they are still in my tank at 90

yeah I am at 86.5 dont know that I want to risk going any higher. Since I only noticed this last night it is too early to see any results I suppose

I am hesitant to do water changes due to the 72 degree water dropping the overall tank temp by quite a bit I usually do roughly 25% a week. Should I find a way to heat the replacement water or can I hold off a week or so of water changes?

seems I keep responding to my own. I have another question, I have one of the fish a small honey gourami that has white stringy poop. Is this something different or related?

ok so try to do daily water changes if it is a major outbreak but even if you don't it will turn out major either way! but try to use warm water so it the temperature doesn't go lower. and the stringy white poop means he has a parasite or has some sort of sickness i haven't had this for a long time so to be honest i really forgot!

Long stringy white poo can be constipation, bacterial infections, internal parasites.
Clear poo can be the fish hasn't been eating, internal parasites. now i remember i looked it up for you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom