Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta Platy Addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just planted the plants I purchased from heurcia (thank you!) along with what I had already. The plants definitely need to grow. And I'm not going for a "natural" look, but rather a more manicured look I guess.

56gal column with mopani driftwood, two lace rocks and moon sand substrate:
3 female platies
3 neons
3 false julii Cory

In QT:
Endlers
Neons

image-592656311.jpg

Oh and the three cheesy purple flower balls were at the demand of my three year old daughter. She wouldn't relent.

Also probably need to add a background.

Thanks! It's already different. Took the lace rock out even though I love it. A fish got stuck in one of the craters and died. And so many of the plants melted (my lighting isn't great, only liquid co2, hard water and treated with h2o2 for snails, which didn't work).

Any aqua scape ideas welcomed!

Yeah the snails are a pain, some assasin snails might work and a clear plastic bottle put some zucchini in it and stand it up in tank for a while when you get a lot of snails just take out bottle and put a cap on it and then in the freezer that will kill them ;)

Something else- make sure the anubias rhizome isn't under the substrate or it will rot. I can't tell if it is or not. I rubber band them to rocks to make them sink and eventually the roots grow over the rocks.

Something else- make sure the anubias rhizome isn't under the substrate or it will rot. I can't tell if it is or not. I rubber band them to rocks to make them sink and eventually the roots grow over the rocks.

Only the roots are planted, thank you for the advice though! The anubias are doing great. it was thinner leaf, higher light plants that melted. Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom