ptbmaniac's RSM 250 Adventure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to try rotating frozen water bottles until I can get a chiller! If Ice can't cool the water nothing will!

Today was cold so the heater in the room was on all day and they tank only got to 81.2. It is crazy because one day the tank is 84-85 and the next day it is 80-82. It is weird!

It sounds to me that you are experiencing heat issues due to the system being so enclosed. A fan in the canopy might assist with this issue. I know that I wouldn't want my tank getting that hot, so it might be something you would want to consider even though this is an "all in one" system.

Temps have been jumping up and down,but nothing above 83 and everything is fine. It has been awhile since I updated! Picked up a grab bag at the LFS and got 5 electric blue hermits,2 halloween hermits,and a small hermit that looks like a small zebra. Got some snails also. Also got 4 frags! A mushroom,an open brain I believe,and 2 that I still have not identified! I also ordered a CUC from reefcleaners,but the Post Office screwed up and it took 4 days to receive so everything was dead except a few dwarf ceriths and a Nassarius. John is shipping a replacement order tomorrow! I do have to say that the electrics and the halloweens are the best for hair algae! All the rocks were covered and within a few days everything was clean. Excellent hermits so far!

Any opinions on Torch,Frogspawn,or Hammer corals? I want to get 1 of these and would like opinions on which one I should get.

Found some kind of small tube worm! I have no idea where he came from! Also there is this small round white thing that puts out red tentacle things.It looks like a barnacle but never seen red filters.I have some small barnacles on some of the shells and they look different.

Have 2 torch and a frogspawn! They are both wonderful to watch! I would like to get a hammer to complete!

Can you get a closer picture?
Do the fans on the light fixture work?
And does te 250 have a fan on the back?
I have the RSM 130 and it has like 4 fans in the lights and one optional in the rear. Helps with heat

Back
Top Bottom