Purchased Ebay RO DI portable unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jataft83

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I took the advice from several people here to purchase the portable RO DI unit on ebay for $59.00. After looking at my LFS (which is compared to everywhere else is overpriced) they had a 25gpd for $149.99! I told my wife I know where to find one cheaper and the LFS didn't like that.:lol: I'm sure I will need some help DIYing it when it comes in.

Second part of my post:

Anyone know of a good skimmer for up to 100g in the range of $150.00ish? Again my LFS had this one for $249.99! I have a generic Skimmer i got free but it's working "too good" and is overflowing itself in 6 hours.

Aquarium Protein Skimmers: Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer

I purchased an eshopps skimmer for $100, its normally $144 I believe at aquacave. It's not the best skimmer out there, but its been working really well for me and it was cheap. :)

HOB would work better since i hang it off my wet dry filter.

thank you Carey i will check it out.

They have some HOB models at aquacave as well. I would def take a look. The bak pak ones are supposed to be pretty good. :)

jataft83 said:
Well I took the advice from several people here to purchase the portable RO DI unit on ebay for $59.00. After looking at my LFS (which is compared to everywhere else is overpriced) they had a 25gpd for $149.99! I told my wife I know where to find one cheaper and the LFS didn't like that.:lol: I'm sure I will need some help DIYing it when it comes in.

Second part of my post:

Anyone know of a good skimmer for up to 100g in the range of $150.00ish? Again my LFS had this one for $249.99! I have a generic Skimmer i got free but it's working "too good" and is overflowing itself in 6 hours.

Aquarium Protein Skimmers: Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer

Check out Drsfosterandsmith for the Marineland marine pro series in sump.

You might be able to adjust your present skimmer.Normally if it is overflowing like that you made have it out of adjustment.Having it hang off your filter might be causing the problem to.Can you move the skimmer inside the sump?

I can try moving it inside my wet dry filter tonight. I will post the results.

Thank you all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom