Purigen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcutajar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is purigen worth paying for to remove tannins and how long will it last? Also how clear will the water be?

Is purigen worth paying for to remove tannins and how long will it last? Also how clear will the water be?

Tannins won't hurt your fish or anything. I actually like the look. You don't need purigen, just get some activated carbon like API's brand and put it in a media bag. It will go away eventually.

I wouldn't buy it to remove tannins, that will go away on its own. On the other hand if you want a good chemical filtration supplement to clear your water and help remove organic waste them by all means! Plus it lasts as long as your willing to recharge it every couple of months! It's much better than carbon, which lasts a couple days depending on your bioload.

I just want something to remove the yellow colour of my water

Purigen, don't know your filter setup but if you buy it already in a bag it's 100ml that'll do 100 gallons for six months, 10 bucks on eBay, yes it's worth it your water will never be clearer, you can regenerate it little bit of work at 10 bucks a bag just by new, if you have plants you don't want carbon since it removes any additives you put in for plants purigen doesn't

Thanks for the effort im in Australia no postage down here ******

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom