pygmy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
We've decided to turn our 20L into a pygmy tank. I just got 2 sparkling gourami yesterday to start it off. Now I'm looking for other mini fishes to add.

I was thinking galaxy and axlerod rasboras and of course pygmy corys, but any other ideas?

our new lil' sparklers

And their new home.

Attachments

• IMG_1801.JPG
    IMG_1801.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1814.JPG
    IMG_1814.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 60
Looks great! Those Sparkling Gouramis are super cute too.

I think your plan with the CPDs (formerly known as Galaxies), Axelrodi rasboras, and the pygmy cories sounds good. :) Or you could sub Ember Tetras for the CPDs for more color variety.

I really like the embers but can't find them out here. I'm still not quite sure about ordering online either.

I think these guys might be a male and female, one keeps snuggling against the other. Maybe eggs in the future. ;)

I love the sparkling gouramis :) If you get babies I want some! Lol. I ordered online from severum mama and HN1, and my fish are doing excellent. They do a good job shipping. IDK if they still have them, but the orange von rio tetras were pretty cool too.

Edit: I thought it wasn't 20 litres, you mean 20 gallons, right?

i believe 20L means 20 long, which is indeed a 20 gallon.

tank looks great!! if you can find them you should get chili rasboras, or even sparrow rasboras. the chili's are soooo cool looking, i want some for my 10 gal, but cannot find any around here, and like you, am wary about ordering online. not to mention shipping is a killer :D

I think this is my favorite tank of yours, maybe because the other ones are so huuge and haven't filled in yet :p

Anyways, I had a few emerald eye rasboras in my 29, and they're pretty small, and might fit will in this tank

Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Emerald Eye Rasbora

I was looking at the emeralds when I got the gouramis, with the gravel being white I'm afraid they might get that "washed out" look. Although the gouramis haven't been "affected" by that. Maybe the black back ground, dark wood and green from the plants helps some.

I love the sparkling gouramis :) If you get babies I want some! Lol. I ordered online from severum mama and HN1, and my fish are doing excellent. They do a good job shipping. IDK if they still have them, but the orange von rio tetras were pretty cool too.

Ha, that would be if I could even see the babies. *lol*
These guys are so tiny in this tank I have to stand there for like 5 minutes trying to find them. They actually blend it well with the stargrass leaves.

I've heard good things about HN1 and SM's store. I've been thinking about trying an order from them. See if I can get past that "ordering critters online" thing I have. *lol*

The Von Rios would look good in our tetra/angelfish tank.

i believe 20L means 20 long, which is indeed a 20 gallon.

tank looks great!! if you can find them you should get chili rasboras, or even sparrow rasboras. the chili's are soooo cool looking, i want some for my 10 gal, but cannot find any around here, and like you, am wary about ordering online. not to mention shipping is a killer :D

The chilis' are way cool looking. That would add some flash to this tank for sure. I'll check my LFS to see if they can get them and those embers. I order online for my dry goods, plants and even my RCS, but ordering fish does have me very wary. Fosters and Smith is like my version of Playboy/Girl. Other people drool over naked bodies, I drool over aquarium stuff. *lol*

Back
Top Bottom