Question please my ph is 6.4.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
is this to low?? it was 6.6 before the PWC and the high range PH is 7.4 BTW what is High range ph?
is this ok for my fish?
the a. 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 10
Temp was 79 and still 79
just my male swordtail seams to be staying in one place I dont remember him like that the other fish are all swimming around, hes just staying in one place
I HATE DOING PWC since I lost 2 tanks of fish doing them

Last edited:
A high range test kit is used if your pH is too high for the regular pH test kit to read (ie it tests at the top value the kit can read). I'd bet that 7.4 is the lowest that the high range kit can read, since your other pH test kit is reading significantly lower.

As long as your pH is stable you don't need to worry about it. There are many people that would LOVE to have your pH. I'm betting that there are some disolved gasses (CO2 in particular) that have your pH artificially lowered as a result of the water change. Within 24 hours those extra gasses will gas off and you'll be able to get an accurate post water change pH reading.

I wouldn't worry about it either. It is MUCH more important that the pH stay the same, the actual number doesn't matter nearly as much. Fish are very adaptable little critters as long as any changes happen slowly.

As for the swordtail, keep an eye on him but sometimes fish take a little "time out". My tiger barbs will do this occasionally.

just keep it stable! You're doing great! Stop realx and breath this is suppossed to be fun not stressful! lol (I know you've been through a ton)
Like was stated it's far better to have a stable PH then to be "chasing it" I would just watch it to avoid any big swings and certainly avoid any PH chemicals! I would KILL for your PH!

just keep it stable! You're doing great! Stop realx and breath this is suppossed to be fun not stressful! lol (I know you've been through a ton)
Like was stated it's far better to have a stable PH then to be "chasing it" I would just watch it to avoid any big swings and certainly avoid any PH chemicals! I would KILL for your PH!

Thank you I cant believe how scared I am:)

As for a high range pH, an example: my pH tests 7.6 (the highest it can) on the regular test, and 7.4 (the lowest it can) on the high range test. I just take it to mean my pH is about 7.5.

As for a high range pH, an example: my pH tests 7.6 (the highest it can) on the regular test, and 7.4 (the lowest it can) on the high range test. I just take it to mean my pH is about 7.5.

ahhhhh now I get it, lol thanks guys....................I am so glad I found you guys

Back
Top Bottom