rainbow fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP?!?!

Sorry its just skiweeangel and I are having the same problems and don't know what to do :(

how are your fish? i think i am about to loose the last two tiger barbs, but all my danios and the BN pleco look healthy now.

i am currently treating my rainbows for ich also. i am using API super ich cure. i am treating my 36 gallon and 29 gallon. i just bought new fish from the stores i listed in the thread about the ich epidemic where i live. all my fish are fine i didnt lose any but i still have two days of treatment left. i am treating alot of very sensitive fish we will see how this goes. the fish include 2 lime green kile fish, 3 otos, 3 corys, 1 golden gourami, 5 rainbows and thats in my 36 gallon. in my 29 gallon are 2 long finned german blue rams, 6 cardinal tetras, 5 black tetras, 3 otos and 1 cory. they all seem to be doing fine but i am really nervous. i am using airstones and circulation pumps to increase the O2 levels. am i doing this correctly?

It sounds like it. I am fumbling along as best I can. Just watch your water parameters because from what I understand the medications will also kill off your BB. If you have a tank in the house that is not being treated than maybe reseed your tanks after the treatment is finished.

I wish you better luck than I have. Did any of your fish display symptoms? If your stock population is healthy I am assuming you should be ok. My situation was that I introduced the fish to the tank and then had filter problems causing stress to the population. I think it would have been a remarkably different situation if my filter problems had not occured. I say this with relative certainty because I bought 4 gold long finned danios from the same tank, three went into my son's 55gal, only one went into our 55gal. That tank ended up with a filter problem from my husband rearranging the fake plants a day after the new fish was in. Sand ended up in the impeller house from all the moving causing a slowdown that was not noticable right away. I thought I fixed it, then a slow down happened again, then I really did fix it and have not had filter problems since the second fix. I forgot to tell my husband to turn the filter off both while he did the rearrangments and for a while afterwards. :facepalm: The tank which got the three new danios is healthy. No spots or odd behavior with anyone. The tank which only received one danio is the tank that came down with ich. I think if I didn't have the filter problems the fishes' immune systems would have been able to fight off the infection. That seems to be what happened in my son's tank.

I am sure the parasite came in with the new danio because it was the first to show spots and had the most. It is the only fish left, including the tigers, with any spots left on it. I am hoping that it will clear up in another day or two. There aren't that many spots left on it.

Sorry for the book, you prob didn't even read all this, nor did you have to! HAHA! :lol: Good luck with your fish.

Back
Top Bottom