Ranchu Black fin, Gold fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidwolf

Aquarium Advice Regular
The bottom right fin is turning black with my goldfish ranchu. I tested the tank, and the perimeters look good to me and all the other fish in the tank or thriving. He started last night staying in the bottom left side of the tank and comes in and out. He stays Most of the time by staying away from the majority of the fish. I don't see any aggression in my goldfish tank. I was wondering if y the Blackfinn causing it. Any treatment recommendations

The bottom right fin is turning black with my goldfish ranchu. I tested the tank, and the perimeters look good to me and all the other fish in the tank or thriving. He started last night staying in the bottom left side of the tank and comes in and out. He stays Most of the time by staying away from the majority of the fish. I don't see any aggression in my goldfish tank. I was wondering if y the Blackfinn causing it. Any treatment recommendations
Hello, do you think you could have had an ammonia spike or mini cycle? Most of the time if goldfish get black on fins or body it's due to ammonia burns. It like a scab on a person. They get burnt then the black shows.
Another way is if fins get nipped & it starts to regrow. I would test water to make sure cycle is still intact. Maybe lighten up on feedings till you can figure what's causing the problem. Hopefully this helps you!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom