Red bulb/pulp/balloon...Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capj64

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've run into something that I can't ID. I've looked until my eyes are crossed. It's in a place that I won't be able to get a good photo so hopefully I can explain it well enough that someone here and ID for me.

It's red. About the size of a pea. It looks like someone blew up a balloon and attached it to my LR. I have three of them, all on the same LR, but they're not that close to each other. When I shine a light on them it looks like I should be able to see threw them. They're in the part of my tank that get low flow.

I hope this is informative :D If not I'll try and get a picture somehow.

Thank you :confused:

ccCapt has just identified mine, he's good he is. they are red macroalgae, probably a rhodophyta.sp.

It's possible from what I can tell from the picture. I'll see if I can look up other pics of what you're telling me and see if I can tell :D Thanks!!!

I'm pretty sure it's not cyano...that that before in my other tank.

Found it :D Botryocladia pseudodichotoma and from what I'm reading I have to remove it. "Description: This is Red Bubble Algae, one of the Botryocladia species, (probably skottsbergeii or pyriformis) ."
Weird, cause I've had that rock forever.

Back
Top Bottom