red clawed crab set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d1anonly22

Aquarium Advice Freak
so heres what i came up with, so far one red clawed crab(plan on getting two more), three small mystery snails that i have had since they hatched in my ten gallon, and some feeder minnows i bought at petsmart. oh and two green and white acrorus, one bamboo plant, and one tiny java fern that came off one of my big ones. i have a ten gallon airstone for oxygen and a nice light for the plants in a lamp hanging over. YouTube - mr.krabs

thats really cool .that would be fun to make something like that indoors.keep us updated on new stocking

That looks really neat but I have one question, does it have a cover? I got 2 red claw crabs and one was killed by the loaches so I quick got the other and put it in my 20 gallon. The only opening is where the filter is and he still managed to get out of there. Found him like 5 months later all dried up...

no cover. i made sure he wouldnt be able to get out. i was worried about that at first but he tried and failed so its safe. i have the substrate ow enough to keep him in.

I like it good job. It probally only cost you like 8 dollars not including the crabs. A+ set up. But i didn't see the crabs in the vid.

yeah i had everything laying around beside the airstone. so with the airstone and the crab i spent like ten bucks. the crab i have likes to hide under the rock a lot. and im going to buy a couple more. i just wanted to see how it went for a few days first, but everything checks out. what i plan on doing is putting in a dozens feeder minows for the crabs to grab and eat which has worked with the little guy i got.

Thats freakin awesome. I want to do the same thing. I love those little crabs but they sure are quite the escape artists. But i definitely want to do something like this a little later down the road. Great job.

Wow good job. I lke it better in the 10g. I like it but if i did a crab set up i think i might have to do it with vampire crabs.

Back
Top Bottom