Red Coraline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicasmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How long does a tank have to be established before the red coraline starts to grow on the glass. And how if possible can you encourage the growth, i.e. suplementation. My LR has seen a significant expansion of coraline but my glass just has a dirty brown film emerging. (pictures below are perfect example of what I'm looking for, compliments of reefrunner69)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/23688-albums589-picture4102.jpg

23688-albums589-picture4103.jpg

AFAIK, all it needs is proper lighting and good calcium / mag levels. I don't dose anything and just do ~ weekly PWCs and couldn't slow it down if I tried! I'm getting kinda tired of scraping the front and side glass...

Yes you better be careful what you wish for.LOL. The only other thing I would add to HN1`s list is alkalinity. Check that out too.

If it's growing on your rocks, it'll be on your glass in time. Give it a few more months. Yes... it's a sign of a healthy tank, but it's still a pain to scrape off the glass!

That`s what I was refering to. It gets very tiring scraping it off but I dont scrape it off anymore except the front glass. As mentioned above it`s a good sign.

You can also point one of your PH's toward your back glass and that will speed things up. I use Black Nerite snails to control my algae and coralline growth. They do a great job of keeping the coralline off the glass.
PS: I have ~100 pipipi's in my 65g DT...

Just an update, with only a month of using ya'lls advice and a little help of Purple Up (y), I now have glass speckled with 1/16" to 1/8" coraline spots. I tried to scrape a spot with my nail to see why you all say its a pain and, well, point taken. But all in all Im happy for now watching it double in size everyday. TY

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom