Reef question, t-5 question!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a 30 gallon with my t-5, one bulb is HO Ocean Sun 10,000K Fluorescent Bulb and the other is a HO Coral Sun Actinic 420 Fluorescent Bulb. The petco guy told me i gotta keep em on for i think 14 hours but one i gotta cut off after awhile im not sure tho. What time schedule should i have my tank on????

14 hrs is a long photo period most run there lights 8-12 hrs mine are on 9 hrs

Yeah i think it was 8 hours but he said one should be cut off after a certain about of time cant remember which one, and i have a chromis,2 clowns and a pink spotted goby

Yeah i think it was 8 hours but he said one should be cut off after a certain about of time cant remember which one, and i have a chromis,2 clowns and a pink spotted goby
You don't have anything in your tank that requires light so you can decide for yourself how long you want to keep the light on for your viewing. I'd turn the blue off last and on first.

I plan on putting coral so untill then the timing doesnt matter

But when i put coral in how should i do the time frame with the 2 different lights

Aquaboi said:
But when i put coral in how should i do the time frame with the 2 different lights

Usually people run the actinics for 1-2 hours longer than the whites. So for a 12 hr photoperiod it would be this

8:00am actinics ON
9:00am whites ON
7:00pm whites OFF
8:00pm actinics OFF

Back
Top Bottom