Regal tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to get a regal tang from my lfs and I was wondering if it would be ok. I have heard that you should add them last but they are pretty small right now. The only other fish that I want to get and don't have are a mandarin goby and a yellow watchman goby. I definitely want to wait on the mandarin but I was wondering if I could get the tang now. TIA

The main concerns with tangs is aggressiveness to other free swimmers. Tangs will generally swim/inhabit all area's of the tank unlike some fish that claim a certain territory and rarely stray to far from it. When adding the tang last, it allows these (usually) less aggressive species to get established first.

With the two fish you've mention, both for the most part are benthic and the tang will most likely ignore their existance although they do tend to act like a lost puppy and tag along. You shouldn't have any issues later on. Be sure though the Regal goes through the proper QT period.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom