Rescued betta from walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starbear

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, we just got a crown tail beta from walmart, the poor thin was in a rediculously over stocked tank with probably 20 or more tetras of various kinds and the little catfish, and was getting his tail and fin nipped a lot, watched for like 10 secounds and was nipped at least 5 times, and was getting shoved all over the tank, do u guys think we should just leave him alone in the new tank or do u think we should add mellafix?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From when we brought him home, will try n get more later

Attachments

• 1405138908904.jpg
    1405138908904.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 101
Pretty fish. My pet shops here over stock their tanks also. They always have fish biting each other and injured and sick ones.
Hope your betta recovers quick with your good care :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Water Conditioner

Also, just in case. Make sure to put some sort of water conditioner or some brands go by stress coat. So the chlorine and/or fluoride doesn't inhibit his recovery.

Try starting out feeding him the inside of a non-salted cooked pea (without the shell), in case he hasn't eaten in awhile he won't gorge himself on real food or overload his body systems digesting that yet. When I first got my betta he wouldn't eat floating food, only things that fell that he could go after. So the pea was great because it usually sinks & he would chase after it.

He is a lot better, eating very well swimming around the tank, he still looks grumpy but I think that's just his face

Back
Top Bottom