Resealing my 45 gallon square tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookie1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, I am new to this site and this is my first question. I just finished cleaning and resealing my old tank for the first time and I just realized that I made a HUGE mistake. I used a clear 100% silicone that is for kitchen & bath that is mildew resistant. :banghead: My question is, and I am sure I know the answer....do I need to scrape all of this out and start over? I just sealed it yesterday.

Hello all, I am new to this site and this is my first question. I just finished cleaning and resealing my old tank for the first time and I just realized that I made a HUGE mistake. I used a clear 100% silicone that is for kitchen & bath that is mildew resistant. :banghead: My question is, and I am sure I know the answer....do I need to scrape all of this out and start over? I just sealed it yesterday.

Yup. :(

Thanks for the info. I just finished scraping out the silicone and need to clean it up. I used rubbing alcohol, any suggestions for anything better??

Back
Top Bottom