Restock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a dwarf gourimi ( sorry not sure how spell it) but he is happy as can be.. But I would deff. Say it has to be a dwarf one. But I'm kinda new so please dont hold it to me.

I have a dwarf gourimi ( sorry not sure how spell it) but he is happy as can be.. But I would deff. Say it has to be a dwarf one. But I'm kinda new so please dont hold it to me.

You're exactly right! In a 10 gallon, just one. But still, I'd recommend a 20. Some fish don't look like they need the amount of space they do, but why not give them the best that you can? I'd rather err on the side of too much space than not enough. That said, there is also the option of allowing for extra filtration and more tank maintenance if the size of the tank doesn't quite measure up.

LyndaB said:
You're exactly right! In a 10 gallon, just one. But still, I'd recommend a 20. Some fish don't look like they need the amount of space they do, but why not give them the best that you can? I'd rather err on the side of too much space than not enough. That said, there is also the option of allowing for extra filtration and more tank maintenance if the size of the tank doesn't quite measure up.

I love my guy he's soo pretty he will be moving to one my other tank prolly a 26 bow front when I get it cycled and get him a female friend :)))

If I wanted to turn my tank into a shrimp tank, how many could I fit in there, I am going I put in the max since I will be heavily planting the tank. What should I feed the shrimp?

You don't want or need to start off with the "max". Don't forget, if you get something like red cherry shrimp, they'll be spitting out shrimplets on a regular basis. You'll end up maxed out soon enough.

The things is I don't think my tank is a good environment for breeding shrimp, but how do RCS or ghost shrimp breed?

greenterrortigeroscar said:
The things is I don't think my tank is a good environment for breeding shrimp, but how do RCS or ghost shrimp breed?

Depends on the shrimp type.

greenterrortigeroscar said:

With RCS you won't have a choice. They breed as long as the water is good. If you have ghosts they won't cause they need brackish water to breed.

I don't mind not being able to breed ghost shrimps since they're extremely cheap. But what's the difference between brackish water ad freshwater, do you know a good website but cheap to order RCS?

Brackish is a form of salt water not quite marine but not quite fresh water

I don't mind not being able to breed ghost shrimps since they're extremely cheap. But what's the difference between brackish water ad freshwater, do you know a good website but cheap to order RCS?

You can see if anybody is selling any in our buy/sell/trade section. I started off with quality RCS from a member here, I got about 20, now I've got a ton and a half. That was less than a year ago, I think. Buy quality, it's not that expensive and will be worth every penny.

Brackish water has a level of salinity to it. Freshwater does not have that.

Correct, they can live in fresh but only breed in brackish, or that's what I'm lead to believe anyway

Back
Top Bottom