rockscape filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will need a lot of flow to get in between all those rocks. I doubt no matter how big a filter you have, you'll still have dead spots.

Tank was 250g n only has the filtration u see at the top n tank is water was changes 70% every 3 months

That sounds like a horrible water change schedule. Regardless of filtration, cichlids are messy and produce a lot of waste. Water changes are needed to keep nitrates down. All the stuff caught in the rocks will become a nitrate factory as they decompose.

I'm thinking ill run the rocks in two lines at the bottom with a power head in the middle then build the rocks up over the top similar to the pic with no sand in that area then have the end open so all waste is expelled into the Val, my tank is 750 L and I do a a 35% water change weekly or at the longest fortnightly,

Stack your rocks in the center of the tank. This will help allow for water flow all around rockwork. Add a couple powerheads too.

dont know if it would work but make a spray bar and stack your stones around and over the spray bar that way you wont have dead spots

Yeah that's what my mate said about the spray bar I have two canister filters so don't see why I'd need a sump ? I'll have a 1500lph and 2000lph canisters 400lph internal filter and a 700lph power head I think

Back
Top Bottom