Sad Sad Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tyson, my beloved Tuskfish has gone missing. I cant find him anywhere. He has jumped before, but I don't see him in my overflow or around the back of the tank. I don't want to jump to conclusions but Bruce wasn't very hungry at feeding time tonight. He usually swims right up to the top of the tank as soon as I lift the hood. Not tonight though. I had to put a silver side right into his mouth before he would eat it, then he only ate 3. Usually he eats around 15 of them. I am so pissed of right now its not even funny. I got him from the FB when I was still going in there. Has to be at least 3 years ago. Damn!!! Damn!!! Damn!!! I'm just sick to my stomach.

I think i know what happened. I moved the elegance into the corner last night to see if it would respond to a new location. In doing so, I believe I barricaded one of his escape routes. The eel must have taken advantage of this and the tusk just fell victim to circumstance.

She will be missed.

:(

TuskAndScribble.jpg

RingAroundTheRosie.jpg

Tyson1.jpg

HeadStand-007.jpg

I cant hardly wait for the time to come when there will be no more death or sickness or growing old . I'm so sorry for your loss stresco. He was a very beautiful fish, I know you must feel horrible right now but don't blame yourself, humans are not perfect so we are all going to mess up every once in a while. I myself have done quite a few blunders. :p I hope you will feel better soon.

Thanks for all the sentiments guys. And thanks to the MODS too for cleaning up my language without deleting this thread. I was a little upset when I posted this last night. I'm still not very happy, as you can imagine. I only have or had 3 fish total. The Foxface was getting pretty beat up so I gave him away, and now my tusk is gone. He was the first fish I got for my tank, after the Dragon Eel that is. Been through a lot with me too. 2 bouts of Ich. Power loss for 8 hours, no backup. Jumped out of the tank once when the wife was feeding them. Jumped into my overflow once too. I'm really gonna miss him. He had a great personality. Was a thief at feeding time. And would come right up to my hand to get a piece of fish.

Jumped into my overflow once too. I'm really gonna miss him. He had a great personality.

Ever thought about using egg crate for a cover?

Back
Top Bottom