safe paint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetness8t5

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought this glass pot that had the shape I was looking for to put in my tank but the color is horrific... is there any paint that is safe to put in the tank?
Or more so, anything I should definitely avoid??

Thanks!

i was under the impression from thew DIY forum, that you can put anything in your tank as long as you seal it with some kind of varnish thats water proof and locks in all the bad stuff, you may want to take a look through that forumm it has tons of thing shta tpeople have made or what not and put in their tank,

one guy sculpted a mayan face out of styrofoam and is now the back drop of his tank

Safe paint

The salt water guys have dubbed Krylon Fusion as aquarium (and salt water for that matter) safe. It is designed to adhere to plastic very well (I have used it to even paint PVC). I assume it will also adhere to other surfaces very well.

If you're worried you could use something like pool sealant paint, although it will come in a limited number of colors.

Really, I think I personally wouldn't worry about any latex based paint. Once they set up they shouldn't be a problem. Krylon Fusion seems like a good idea as as well...I think really they key would be to give it plenty of time to set up (probably even beyond the recommended final dry time) and then soak it in water for a while, just to be sure it's clean.

Back
Top Bottom