For Sale: San Diego - Sump Refugium with light + Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a big sump style refugium made by CPR Aquatics that is the Deluxe model which include a light and a pump for the built in protein skimmer. New in the box. This is a AFPROS Deluxe. Asking $250.

This is the Aquafuge Pro "small" version, but it is 30" x 12" x 14.5" tall (The specs from CPR Aquatics say it is 32" long, but the box only measures 30.5" long so that is impossible...) It includes the flourcent light with stands, a protein skimmer with a Accela pump. I believe this will still require a "return" pump to operate with an overflow.

The AquaFuge™ PRO is a sump-based refugium which incorporates a protein skimmer in order to maintain safe organic levels while also providing for oxygenation of any marine system.
Refugiums can be used to cultivate food sources such as algae and micro-fauna, while also being used for nutrient export from a marine system.
The AquaFuge™ PRO is designed for use with various mediums including mud, live sand, and live rock.

I can meet around Rancho Bernardo or around Carlsbad during the week (where I work). Would rather sell locally than try to sell on Ebay and ship (the box for the refugium is pretty big).

Attachments

• Sump refugium.JPG
    Sump refugium.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 79
  • sump refugium 2.JPG
    sump refugium 2.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 71
I am interested in this. Will you ship? I live in Wisconsin zip is 53185 if you will

I can ship it if you pay for it. You must pay for the insurance too in case it gets damaged in shipping. I worry about the acrylic stuff getting broken even if I mark it as fragile... I will try to get a cost later (have to measure and weigh the box). Please PM me your exact address so I can get a USPS or UPS ground cost. (if you live out in the boonies they charge more for delivery).

Eric

The Box is 30.5" x 12.25" x 14.25" and 29lbs. Shipping from San Diego 92127. It would probably be safest to pack it inside another box to make sure it doesn't get broken since the sump is the same size as the box. Probably about $5 to buy a big box and I can get bubble wrap from work... I can also ship it from my work to get our "corporate rate" which should be a little less.

Item still for sale.

Example shipping cost is $40.77 by Fed Ex Ground to Wisconsin (with $250 insurance). We must get a great Corp Fed Ex rate as UPS was $122 for the same box... USPS Parcel Post was about $33 for the same thing but will probably take 2-3 weeks for delivery vs 4 days for Fed Ex ground.

Item is packed and ready to ship. Box is 36" x 18" x 18" and 33.4 lbs.

Will sell for $230 + $4 (box cost) + actual shipping cost w/ insurance + 3% paypal fee.

Even with the shipping costs, this is a lot less than you will pay for this item anywhere else... Price on the box was $500 + tax. I got it as a close out from a pet store, unopened new in the box...

Back
Top Bottom