Save the Zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheTodd

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got four frags of Zoas and Palys on Friday. I had to store them in our vehicle during a baseball game and it was 94 degrees out, I figured inside vehicle temps would push 100, so I put them in a small styrofoam box, then put that in an Igloo cooler with some ice packs. After the game, I checked on them and the water was really cold. I got them in my tank yesterday and only a couple polyps have shown any attempt at opening. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Iodine dip?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought some online that where shipped cold packed. Just give them a few days.

Over 24 hrs in and not much improvement. I got a four polyp frag of Sunny G's (yes G) that appear to be some form of Grandis Paly (maybe where the G comes from?). They were almost dime size polyps at the store and although they have not opened, the stalks appear to be upright (not limp), which I hope is a good sign. The others appear alive, just closed. I'm hoping it is just stress.

Still nothing. I'm not very hopeful at this point, but will keep them in there until they look like they are bad. I've never had Zoas/Palys that took this long to open.

Hang in there. It took my blue eyed monster zoas almost 2 weeks.

Well...it looks like some might pull through. The Intergalactic Mary Jane and Spuderbite Protopalys are toast. The Sunny G's and the other combo are showing signs of life...

These are from the combo (lost the big pretty one, but this group looks like they will pull through)...

Was looking like this originally...

And the Sunny G's now (way smaller and less vibrant)...

And originally...

Back
Top Bottom