Sea Cucumber Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thor32766

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a sea cucumber that came along with a huge piece of live rock. Hes about 5 inches long. I have read that if fish mess with him he will excret toxins into the water and can be toxic to the fish. Any body have any problems like this? Any idea what to do with him?

thanks
brian

it depends entirely on the type of cucumber that it is. Any hopes of a picture or description?

It depends. Get us a picture. I have a tigertale. He is great, forages on the sand all day long. My shrimp crawls on him sometimes but hes fine.

He is gray with purple spots on him. He is off a carribean rock. I have seen them quite often in the water in the carribean. so he is common one. Let me know if i need to tell anything else.

thanks for your time

would it be ok to put him in my refugium? Or is there not enought food there for there for him?

IMO there is not enough for it to eat in a fuge. If its a Sand sifter star it sould be fine in a tank. I had them in both tanks with no problems from fish. In my fowl I had a DF puffer, SF eel, tang and no issues..

I would leave him in the display, the chances of him turning inside out are very slim. He should grow to the size of the tank and food avail. If he starts getting to big take him to your LFS

Back
Top Bottom