Seachem purigen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electromango

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone

I've discovered this product called seachem purigen and it is supposedly amazing at maintaining pristine water quality. I plan on getting one for my Aquaclear 50 HOB power filter but I'm unsure how to configure it.

The filter itself "comes equipped with AquaClear Foam, Activated Carbon and BioMax and Cycle Guard" as three stage filtration. Should I replace the activated carbon with the purigen and have the order- foam, purigen, biomax? Or would that configuration starve the beneficial bacteria on the biomax of ammonia and nitrite? Thanks

Purigen after mechanicals before the bio.
Purigen is GOOD stuff!

Thanks! I'm a little unsure though because I heard purigen removes organic wastes that the beneficial bacteria needs to grow and survive?

Thanks! I'm a little unsure though because I heard purigen removes organic wastes that the beneficial bacteria needs to grow and survive?
Theres no need to worry about it. The waste removal properties are a bit overstated, but its good at helping polish your water.

Back
Top Bottom