Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking into starting a seahorse tank. It would be only seahorses in the tank. But I just wanted to know a little about them. What is a good starter seahorse? What size tank? Do I need sand and live rock? What is something good for them to hitch on? What about feeding? Any input helps!!!!

I know they need an established tank with a good pod population I was looking at doing seahorses too but I had only just cycled my tank

I have a seahorse tank it's a 10 gal with 8 dwarf wild caught seahorses. Has live sand and live rock with live sea grass and some fake plants. I feed mine frozen cyclops.

They also need a low flow tank, right now I have a penguin 200 filter and it creates too much current. I'm working on a 5g sump setup that will sit directly behind the tank using only a powerhead for a return pump to keep the current down.

What is something good for them to hitch on to?

From what I understand its very hard to put fish with sea horses because they usually end up out competing the sea horses for food

Back
Top Bottom