sealant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burf420

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just wondering if 100 percent silicone sealent the safe to useif it says anti_ microbial

I personally wouldn't risk it. However i know that big ALS online does sell silicones and sealants that are especially made to withstand the pressure of an aquarium.

Dang. I used it. Haven't set it up or anything yet though I was under the understanding that if it says 100 percent then its safe guess I'll be taking the Razor out...

ya chances are if it says anti-something then not only will it kill what it states but also other living organisms as well.

on another note, let it sit for 72 hrs before adding water once you reseal it. then let it sit for alteast 2 weeks in your garage or something. check it everyday for leaks. then if it holds water clean it out really well and you should be good to go. (i just resealed a tank and i let it sit for a month, i had no leaks but still 3 months later i had a leaking tank on my hands, you can never be too careful!)

Also dont over do it with the silicone. i reccomend watching some videos on youtube for techinques. Note: most of em use a black-brown silicone that is not safe but they use it for deminstration. as i stated earlier GE Silicone 1 window and door is fishtank safe.

Back
Top Bottom