Severum illness, clueless please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smcoyle87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any ideas on what this big guy has??

Attachments

• IMAG0463.jpg
    IMAG0463.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0464.jpg
    IMAG0464.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0466.jpg
    IMAG0466.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 62
His symptoms include:
Skittish, dark/stressed coloration, fins clamped (also dorsal and anal) He twitches and bends his body at weird angles.

He is eating though, but having trouble pooping. When he does it's white and stringy.

Looks like spirnoculous which is a intestinal flagellated protozoa attacking the digestive track, if he's still eating that a good sign. Ingestion of the medication metrozoindale is best method of treatment, medicated flakes from Angels or pellets soaked with in distilled water with a 3% Epsom salt solution is the best treatments. I'd start soaking the pellets until you can get the flakes.

Medicated Flake Food for Fish

Alright thanks. I'm actually in the middle of a treatment of metro right now. But in the water, not injestion. Should I still do salt soaked pellets? I don't want to do too much at one time ya know?

If he's eating soak the pellets in metro and Epsom salt, I'd do half and half. Epsom salt directly into the gut works phenomenally on internal parasites. Yes watch the other fish since it can be contagious from mouthing infected feces.

Do you think he has head and lateral line disease as well?

No signs of any deterioration of sensory pits or the lateral line itself, most new worlds suffer from HLLE(head and lateral line errosion). They are different and will show different symptoms, but I don't see any issues other than the parasitic infection.

Back
Top Bottom