Shrimp in Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldeenTrix9898

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have set up a 5 gallon tank that's going to house one betta. I want to add some shrimp too, preferably ghost shrimp or RCS. It's a planted tank with anacharis, hornwort, one Amazon sword and one Anubias nana. Is this enough cover for shrimp?

I am also thinking of getting one of those ceramic ornaments with a bunch of tiny holes in them for the shrimp to hide in if the betta I eventually get is trying to munch on them. Will this work or will the shrimp just no know that they need to hide?

Will adding the shrimp first lessen the aggressiveness of the betta? I heard that they just assume they are part of the environment if the shrimp are there before the betta is. Has anybody tested this out?

Another thing, will RCS draw more aggro from a betta because they are red? If yes, I might just go with ghost shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This looks like a duplicate post to this one:
Shrimp in a Betta Tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh jesus sorry. I used my ipad and I thought I accidently didn't send it after I typed it. I usually copy stuff like this so I can redo it easily if I accidently delete it so I just pasted it and posted it again. Turns out I did post it, sorry, will delete this post now, if it's possible.

I have two ghost shrimp with a betta in a 2.5 gal and haven't had any problems yet. Mine have far less cover than yours. You should be fine but every betta is different.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think you can delete it. Maybe the mods can. No biggie. My fear is that I've pasted the "wrong" link to an image on a post. "How did that get there? I must have a virus of someone hacked my device" ?

I don't think you can delete it. Maybe the mods can. No biggie. My fear is that I've pasted the "wrong" link to an image on a post. "How did that get there? I must have a virus of someone hacked my device" ?

I almost did that yesterday! I would have had to delete my account and never show my face again in the aquarium hobby.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that makes mistakes like this. Worst part is you usually don't notice until somebody points it out.

I almost did that yesterday! I would have had to delete my account and never show my face again in the aquarium hobby.

Nigel - Clear your cache and browser history. Keep things just between you and the NSA.

Back
Top Bottom