Sick Fancy Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malhope07

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently our tiniest fancy tail goldfish has been acting very lethargic and hiding in the back of the tank behind our drift wood. Today we noticed that she has a huge growth on the left side of her body right behind her gills. Her scales are also raised. I couldn't get the best pictures of her but I tried my best.

image-2440813883.jpg

image-3490814618.jpg

I'm just wondering if it could be something serious and what actions I need to take. She is in a 75 gallon tank with three other gold fish and we have two sponge filters along with a fluval 410. I did a water check and all parameters came out perfect.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! I have considered moving her to our quarantine tank.

Thanks!

It's really hard to tell from the picture. Are all the scales raised? It sounds like it could be dropsy. You need to post on the unhealthy fish forum as maybe someone can be of more help. I've got large orando's but never had this before. It sounds sick and if you have a hospital tank I'd move it there so as not to infect your other goldies. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

Qt your sick fish a good idea. The pics of his scales are not very clear but you mention them being raised- this is very serious if this is the case. Did the lump appear overnight or has it been gradually growing? Is it a firm lump or soft & squishy? What are your exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph and what are you using to test (liquid or strips)? Is the sick fish eating & pooping normally?

Back
Top Bottom