sick maroon clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a maroon clownfish that is constantly turning up holes in his fins i previously purchased melafix and was told that this was good for it, but i did a little more research and i have heard mix things about this product does anyone have some advice on this if i should use it or if its not worth the risk i also have a product called herbtana would that be better to use?

Don't dose anything in the main tank if you don't know what's in it. One little bit of copper, and that could be the end of your inverts. Do you know the causes of the tattered fins? Are the water paremeters all in check, or could there be another fish harassing it? Clean water and time is usually the best cure for torn fins.

Are you sure that the fins are not frayed from aggression in the tank? As mentioned above dont treat the main. Need to QT the fish and treat. I had a GSM also and his frayed fins were coming from other fish battling.

Back
Top Bottom