Small white bugs on glass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turbosnail

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay I am looking at my aquarium and there are thousands of what looked like micro bubbles on the glass. Upon closer inspection they are alive, and moving around, they look like little lice or something. The bugs are much too small for a picture (about .5mm or less) any idea what they are? Pods don't grow like that do they?

Parameters are: ammonia & nitrite 0, nitrate 4-5 pH 8.4

Reef bugs, pods, etc.. Copepods come in all different sizes and most likely those are what you see cruising around your glass.

So...after googleing this question I see this is a common"oh my god what are these" type question. I need to start using goggle a bit more lol.

From what I gather they are some kind pod larva. The only fish I have is a small clown, do I need some type of pod eating fish to keep down population? Also should I leave them on the glass until they move or can I mag float the glass?

Sorry to bother you guys with a stupid question.

Zer0 said:
Reef bugs, pods, etc.. Copepods come in all different sizes and most likely those are what you see cruising around your glass.

I just figured that out lol. Thanks a bunch though. I was a little worried.

Any fish you put in your tank will prey on small copepods. Some more than others... but all fish will.

Zer0 said:
Any fish you put in your tank will prey on small copepods. Some more than others... but all fish will.

That's good. I have ben thinking of a clown goby, two spot goby, or a blue/green cromis.

Back
Top Bottom