Smelly aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vb1946

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For the first time I gave my BN some broccoli I left it in for a couple of hours and she did like it, but now my tank smells of stinky broccoli, should I do a water change. Thanks

For the first time I gave my BN some broccoli I left it in for a couple of hours and she did like it, but now my tank smells of stinky broccoli, should I do a water change. Thanks
Hi, if you do the water changes, which i would do first, it might take a couple of large changes, 50%. Try this first, it should sort it out for you, if not, carbon will do the job... Ian

:welcome:Welcome to the big AA family. Hope you enjoy your stay!!!
Sorry, very rude of me not to have added that!!

Welcome!! You can add some carbon to your filter and as mentioned do some water changes. That should clear it up.

Thanks, I done about a 30% water change today, when can I do 50% as its still smelly. If I use carbon what do I do, thanks for help

I only have a little aquarium, it's an Aquaspace 34 holds about 21ltrs the filter is an internal one its called a Maxi 101f, just holds a sponge.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, still trying to work my way round it.

Personally, i would just keep doing 50% daily changes. Just make sure you de-chlorinate the new water....

Thanks will try that, don't think she gonna get broccoli again stick to courgette and cucumber.

I have had tank for about 4 months and up till now no probs, at the moment BN is only small when he gets too big he can go into my partners aquarium which is way bigger than mine, thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom