Snail identification?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 mystery snails in my tank, are these babies? They look alot like pond snails though! :/

Wow, I'm not sure...I don't know a lot about snails, but mine did not look like the ones you've got here?! Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in for you :)

kelbaker79 said:
Wow, I'm not sure...I don't know a lot about snails, but mine did not look like the ones you've got here?! Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in for you :)

Haha ya, i actually did see a mystery snail baby in my tank before, and these loik nothing like that.

Gary was never to be seen again...lol

Mumma.of.two said:
They are pest snails not mystery snails.

Ya, pond snails?

I meant that i used to have a mystery snail fry, but that disappeard. So should i crush these little guys?

Gboy66 said:
Ya, pond snails?

I meant that i used to have a mystery snail fry, but that disappeard. So should i crush these little guys?

It's up to you. If you don't over feed then you shouldn't have a problem with over population. Some of your fish will eat the eggs and new born snails to keep the population down as well.

Mumma.of.two said:
It's up to you. If you don't over feed then you shouldn't have a problem with over population. Some of your fish will eat the eggs and new born snails to keep the population down as well.

Oh, ok cool! I suspect that my syno cat likes to eat baby snails ;) mayne he will keep the population down

Back
Top Bottom