Snail Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have these baby snails in a 10 gallon aquarium. Basically, I'm tossing in algae tablets or freeze dried shrimp every few days and leaving the snail alone. They seem to be doing okay - they're cruising around the tank and eating. I don't have a filter on this aquarium and there's algae on the surface of the water and to some extent on the glass. I thought it would be good for the snails to have the algae as a food source.

Should I be filtering and regularly cleaning out the snail tank?

Yes and no, PWC's can be once a month although some keepers will think thats cruel and dirty but the snails are little filters.

I would put a sponge filter and air stone in there and call it a day.

I got the same deal and use an AC20 HOB just to aerate the water, and there is some floss in there but nothing else.
Algae is a good food source but you are tossing in wafers and shrimps so that helps the variety and with nutrients they do not get from just algae.

What kind of snails? Mine are MTS

Aren't they mystery snails? If so, you need oxygen in the water, since they have gills as well as their "snorkel."

Back
Top Bottom