Some sort of mid-tank devider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carim0903

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Guys and Gals!

I have a spare 10 gallon that I want to setup to breed shrimp as feeders. I was thinking that since the shrimp will all be at the bottom it would be cool to have something (guppies or a grow out tank) for the top half of the tank.

The issue with it is I don't want the fish in the 10 to eat all the feeders for the big tank. Is there some sort of divider or something I can buy to accomplish this or should I just stick with the shrimp in the 10? :thanks:

You could rig something up with some craft mesh but honestly I wouldn't even bother. With enough cover and enough shrimp starting out the losses to predation by guppies will be minimal. Assuming these shrimp are something like a red cherry shrimp.

Red Cherry Shrimp is exactly what I'm thinking. So you say just let them lose and pray for the little guys?

Red Cherry Shrimp is exactly what I'm thinking. So you say just let them lose and pray for the little guys?

yep. I would start with no less than 10 shrimp (more is better)

just give them tons of cover and everything will be fine.

Guppies aren't really the most predatory fish around.

Back
Top Bottom