Something weird in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senorkevin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just doing a WC when I noticed something in the tank. I thought it was a baby ghost shrimp but my wife doesn't think so. It has 6 legs and I also noticed that they were some worm type things in the old tank water. I will see if I can get a pic of it as it came out then went back into the gravel. Any ideas of what it is or what is happening in my tank?

damselfly nymph looks closer....
damselflyNymph.jpg

They will eat fry if they can catch them. If you see any more, I would suggest removing them. These things always give me the willies and I have to make hubs do it. LOL

Mommy lays the eggs in the water, they can also come in on aquarium plants that were farmed outdoors.

Mine have always come in on plants. I've ordered many times directly from plant wholesalers so I know most of them are probably grown outdoors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Well I have put the fishes into another tank for now and bleaching the gravel etc to kill them all. I think they came with the plant as when I pulled it out there was about 30 on the plant and about another 30 in the gravel

Back
Top Bottom