Spots on ottos???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've started a separate thread for this incase it attracts more help.
My two ottos have developed a strange white spot on their head. It's come on today and it's in the exact same place on both! They are different colours so I can tell the difference.
The spot doesn't look raised I thought it may look cotton wool like at one point but really can't tell as they don't sit in the best light for me!
Ive added the best pic I can get and will do another pwc tomorrow to try and get the cloudiness down and check them again.
Could it be an illness? Or are they not getting enough to eat?? They were munching the catfish pellets last night!
Thanks in advance

Do they eat behind the heater? Could be a burn. I use Fluval E-Series (which have a case around the heater built-in) because of this.

Thanks, but No they tend to hang out on the filter. He seems fine today, still marked though. I think they are just trying to stress me out!

Hey! One of my ottos had the same kind of spot and was kind of sitting at the bottom of the tank for a day. But now seems back to normal, with a healthy appetite. I didn't know what the problem was, but my heater doesn't have a casing around it... and have seen them from time to time hanging out on the back wall of the tank. *I burnt the back of my hand once during cleaning too*.

So Thanks for posting this thread - it helped me figure out what happened to my fish. :)

No worries I'm hoping that mine is ok too. My water is super cloudy today so can't really see him to check properly.
Will hopefully have time to do a pwc before work tomorrow am around 5.30! Ouch if not it'll be tomorrow night an hopefully my new gravel vac will have arrived then as the sand is well grubby!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom