Spray bar position

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, I am wanting to turn my spray bar from horizontal to vertical. I am thinking of taking the hard plastic brace off and replacing it with a hose clamp. The spray bar is too obtrusive and the only place I can put the filter limits the length of hose to the tank. Does anyone have any tips?

I too didn't like my spray bar against the back wall shooting to the front, so I took the spare tube cut it down and turned the SB 90 degrees and have it spraying the length of the tank (right side to left side). I like the flow it's producing much better and feel it's circulating the water much better.

As for going to a vertical position, that's an interesting idea and if you do try it, it'd be great to get some feedback on how it works.

You could just remove it and have the return be a little jet. Point it at the back wall if you wish to break the flow up some.

I appreciate the words. I am going to try the side of the tank at 90 degrees first. I will definitely let you know if it works. I'm a little worried about the hose clamp though.

i have my spray bar on the left side wall of the tank right below the water surface spraying straight across the top (slightly up)... works out great for me.

i also have a power head on the opposite (right) side wall pointed diagonally to the bottom left.... hope my drawing helps! :)

img_1356775_0_b3238470b4c916ffe325d881a137b888.jpg

Andrewz00 said:
i have my spray bar on the left side wall of the tank right below the water surface spraying straight across the top (slightly up)... works out great for me.

i also have a power head on the opposite (right) side wall pointed diagonally to the bottom left.... hope my drawing helps! :)

That's a great idea, I like the cross current method. Thanks for the pic!

I have my SB the same way (opposite side of tank) and I like the PH cross flow idea too, so +1 for that suggestion ;).

got so carried away with making my drawing.. i forgot to mention the PH is on a timer and kicks ON as soon as the lights turn off... and it turns off about an hour after the lights turn on...

it also has a snorkel to help draw some air into the water column...

Back
Top Bottom