Standard Aquarium Bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I believe that's what I have. That's what someone on here told me. I got the tank (and hood) off of CL. I'm wondering if this light source is enough for low light plants such as moss balls. I'm planning on converting to a low light planted tank.
Thank you!

They definitely are. I've had the tank for a year now and it was on CL. Who knows how long they've been used. But why do they need to be replaced? They're still running brightly.
The tank is 55 gallons and the hood is cut in half. There is two bulbs on each side.

They definitely are. I've had the tank for a year now and it was on CL. Who knows how long they've been used. But why do they need to be replaced? They're still running brightly.
The tank is 55 gallons and the hood is cut in half. There is two bulbs on each side.

if you want low light plants, fluorescent bulbs lose power over time. it might look like they are still bright, but they won't put out enough power. in tanks with no plants, you can use the bulbs as long as they don't burn out.

if you want low light plants, fluorescent bulbs lose power over time. it might look like they are still bright, but they won't put out enough power. in tanks with no plants, you can use the bulbs as long as they don't burn out.

Hmm how much are standard aquarium bulbs?
So even low light plants will die with standard bulbs? Ugh that sucks!

Hmm how much are standard aquarium bulbs?
So even low light plants will die with standard bulbs? Ugh that sucks!

yeah i hate having to replace my bulbs every 6 months, when i save up enough I'm going to buy leds. bulbs are usually 10-15 dollars, maybe cheaper if you order them online

Back
Top Bottom