Starting a 30 gallon :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandt724

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This isn't my first fish tank, I had a 10gal back when I was about 12 to 15 but I couldn't tell you a thing other than I let it run 2 days after putting PRIME in it and started putting fish in.

I kind of walked into this setup, a friend of mine had this 30 gal and a 55 in his apartment and just ran across another 55 gal for cheap. I got the tank, stand, lights, filter, heater, rocks, pump, and all for 40 bucks lol I couldn't turn it down. I'm wanting to use use sand over gravel, I have researched sand over gravel and read many topics on this site. My question is where can I buy white PFS or PFS period. We don't have a pool store around here anymore, it closed about 3 months ago. We have Lowes and Home Depot. I feel like I'm in the wrong time of year to be looking for PFS. Also any tips are more than welcome!

Another question I have, do I need to wait to put in real plants or can I put them in when I fill it up?

Just get this from Home Depot, it's like $5.

Attachments

• image-3379805531.jpg
    image-3379805531.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 42
If you do PFS or play sand over gravel, I believe that the sand will eventually works its way down through the gravel.
With play sand be sure to rinse it thoroughly before adding it to the tank.

I planned on removing the gravel that is coming with the tank so it settling isn't a problem. So if I have read correctly ill Ned 30-45 pounds of sand for my 30 gal tank

Thank you for the picture of the sand, that makes it easier to find for sure

I went to lowes and found tag for the picture of sand you posted but the bags under it were not the same. Also I looked for PFS, I think I found it, it was in a red and white box in the pool section. Is PFS almost like baby powder? I scooped some out and it didnt have a smell so it wasnt chlorine.

Back
Top Bottom