Starting a Brachish- Please, Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExperimentLain

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all! It has been forever!

I am not sure how many here know- I own a LPS! I have been working for years to get fish in to sale!! And it finally happened!!! I have only just started, my 12 10g and 4 20g are all cycled and the 10gs are selling fish. Only thing is, I am planning on making at Least one of my 20g's into a brackish tank for the fish who need it.

I have read that API Aquarium Salt is good for this, and I have been told by many experts that it's how they set up their store brackish tanks. I have added over double the recommended amount and there is still no water change? I was told not to use Marine salt because it has different minerals added.

I am really not sure what is true because as I do more research I am reading so much mixed theories and I really want this to go well, as well as be able to advise my customers properly. I haven't had a brackish for a long while (Puffer fish 5 years ago- it was my friends fish and she set it up)

Thanks in advanced for the help!

the site is not letting me edit my first post-

I am not saying in there that I wont use marine salt, I just dont know whats best, so if thats what I use I will use it. I can get instant ocean in.

Back
Top Bottom