Starting Tank Again - Advice Please (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing I did pick up this weekend is a third Mono. One of the Mono's I have is kind of a bully and was picking on the other so I added a third to spread out the aggression. It seemed to work. The bully is still the aggressive one but at least it's not the constant picking on one.

The few stores I did visit this weekend had 0 stock. I am putting together a list as my local store is going to special order some fish for me.

I hope to have some more updates with pics and video soon.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for asking about updates! I have been crazy busy at school the past couple of weeks and haven't had much time to get anything new. I did pick up 2 new Mono Sebae's (the black one's) and they are a really cool addition to the tank.

I still need to get more rock, plants, and I would like to add a couple of puffers still. All my LFS are slim on stocking in the Brackish department. They said I could special order some puffers but I haven't had a chance to turn in the order form yet. :(

I continue to test the tank regularly and it has been rock solid (knock on wood) as I continue to have 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites. No spikes whatsoever. PH and KH have been very stable, even with water changes.

All the fish are doing great and feeding time is something else to see. Talk about a frenzy! I will eventually get some video up of them feeding to share.

The next thing I need to take care of though is my tank is located near a big window and gets quite a bit of sunlight, not direct, but enough to make the algae grow pretty fast. I am looking at getting an ultra violet sterilizer. Has anyone used these before or have any experience? I was told that it would get rid of all the Algae. I just wouldn't want it to get rid of any good bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom