stocking a 27 g and tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yuanyichi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have some time over winter break and im gojng to start a new 27 g tank. i already have 15 male and juvenile guppies that i am going to transfer over after cycling. any suggesions on stocking?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't do any more really than the guppies, maybe coroes

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

how densely should i placr plants

Aqadvisor has been an excellent resource for me when trying to determine stock. It can tell you what species can live together and how much filtration you will need.

Guppies are great but finding tank mates for them is harder than a lot of people think. A lot of fish bully them. I have a 55g with guppies, Celebese Rainbowfish, Orchid Endlers, and a pleco (though I don't advise getting a pleco if you want a fish to help you clean. Those guys are waste machines!) they all get along great and make a beautiful group.

Of course your tank is smaller and you want to make sure your species will be able to school. I would absolutely suggest looking into getting some Endlers. They produce a very minimal amount of waste and they are active, colorful little fish.

You can always get non-fish tank mates too- such as ghost shrimp, African dwarf frogs, etc.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

what about tetras or rasbotas

i heard black tetras eat fry

I would go with plecos, they are small, harmless, and fun to watch. Additionally they are bottom dwellers, its good to vary the swimming levels of the fish.

My favorites are cory catfish they are crazy and fun to watch.

im thinking about a dwarf gourami or a type of fish to control the fry and mabe some pygmy cories or a clown pleco

Any fish that can fit them in their mouth will eat Livebearer fry. Including parents.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahahha alright

could a honey gourami help curb the populaion and is it a hardy fish?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom