Stocking ideas for 50g column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherryz30z

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 50g column has been running for a couple of years. Just moved those guys to a long and trying to decide what to put in now. There is currently just a n. brichardi and some dithers, but those could move also as needed. So what cichlids to stock with for a colorful, active tank? I'd really like some 4" max Africans, like peacocks but not sure if a column would be too cramped for them. Any ideas? Or should I just go with tropical fish instead? I want them to not outgrow this tank, and this location is not conducive to swapping out for a long. Thank you very much.

There are alot of african cichlids that will not out grow the 50 gallons...you can go with some hapochromis...and the aulonocara *peacocks* all males...for a show tank..and some rock dwellers...like julichromis or lamprologus.... fish who enjoys the lower part of ur tank and mid swimmers...nice combination..

Those fish probably won't work in a column tank.. what are your tank dimensions

Stocked!

Thank you everyone for your input! I just picked these guys today finally... seems like the best option. 3 quarter-size super red koi angels. I hadn't seen this color before. Supposedly they will develop deeper orange red tones as they get bigger. I'm hoping for a mated pair, and babies :) And maybe now I'll add some female betas, and/or a pair of rams.

Bettas can't go with angels in general. The betta won't leave the angels alone and eventually one of them will stress out and kill the other.

Back
Top Bottom