Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i have a 55g planted tank, (101 x 40 x 50) im looking some ideas for new fish to add and finnish of my stock :) Tank has gravel substrate, 1 large piece of driftwood and few large stones! Parameters are all fine and Ph sitting around 7!

My current stock is:
1 x Anglefish
1 x Golden gaurami
5 x Bleeding heart tetras
5 x Otos
6 x Peppered cory
10 x Cardinal tetra

Plants:
1 × Anubais
2 x Amazon swords
2 x Crypts
3 x Lilaeopsis

Any suggestions what i could add? Eg Another angel?? Pair of rams?? Ellioti cichlid??

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have similar stock. Recommend Bolivian rams or Curvicepts. Both peaceful bottom dwellers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't add another angel. Could be asking for trouble. They could very well fight when they become mature, and there would be no guarantee you had a pair, or even that you had two of opposite genders, as angels are very hard to sex, even for experts. I'm glad to see you got decent numbers of otos, tetras, and cories. Looks like you've done your homework. Careful with cichlids. Angels are cichlids, as you probably know, and not all cichlids will get along. Keep that in mind. What kind of rams are you thinking of? Bolivians or GBRs? Maybe the Bolivans might be okay, but I'm not sure about them with the angel, especially if they decide to breed, but others can chime in on that. Bolivians are not as colorful as GBRs, but they are tougher. GBRs die for seemingly no reason for a lot of people, myself included. I had a Bolivian for three years, by himself, and was very happy with him.

What about 1 or a pair of Ellioti cichlids? Would like something on the bigger side if possible!

Or even a Firemouth?

Back
Top Bottom