Stocking my 55G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aok

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I've been lurking for quite a bit and I finally had to make an account to ask about this! I already have quite a few fish but I am wondering if there is anything else I could add.

Currently in the tank:
Tiger Barb x5
Neon Tetra x6
Platy x2
Hi-fin Platy x2
Sunburst Platy x1
Black Molly x2 (Breeding pair)
African Dwarf Frog x2
Kuhli Loach x2
Pleco(not sure what kind) x1
Emerald Cory x1

I entered it into Aqadvisor and it came to 70~% but that was awhile back so I'm not entirely certain on that number. The tank is 55g and it has a Marineland Emperor 400 filter. If there is anything else I am forgetting please let me know!

I would definitely find out the pleco species. Many can get quite large, are poop machines, and will outgrow your tank.

Also bump up the Cory school to at least 5. They are much more sociable and comfortable in groups.

Kuhli also like groups of 5+

After that if you have room we can look at options.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I would definitely find out the pleco species. Many can get quite large, are poop machines, and will outgrow your tank.

Also bump up the Cory school to at least 5. They are much more sociable and comfortable in groups.

Kuhli also like groups of 5+

After that if you have room we can look at options.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If I took a picture of the pleco would you be able to help? If it is one that could get too large, how would I go about giving him away or something like that?

If I took a picture of the pleco would you be able to help? If it is one that could get too large, how would I go about giving him away or something like that?

Yes pictures will help a ton. You can try listing it on here in the classifieds or see if LFS will take it. All else fails, Craigslist.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yes pictures will help a ton. You can try listing it on here in the classifieds or see if LFS will take it. All else fails, Craigslist.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I don't know if this will help, if not then I'll wait till it feels like moving!

Edit: pic is uploading

eIJoDg3.jpg

Last edited:
Think it is a sunshine pleco. If so they get 11 inches.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Going to try to send this picture again, this time right side up! I don't really think it looks like a sunshine pleco but then again I can't really tell the difference between most of them!

VtDs8EZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom