Strange Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently moved my aquarium and set it back up. It was established for over a month with fish in it doing great. I moved it and transported the fish and shortly thereafter they all died except for 1 ghost shrimp. I think I let the BB die on my bio-wheel, so I started a fish less cycle. My ammonia spiked and then nitrite and no my ammonia and nitrite is at 0 and my nitrate is at 20. I have tried adding 3 platy's after my cycle was complete and the died after 3 days. I checked all my levels and they were still perfect. I recently added some pest snails cause I didn't want to kill anymore fish. The snails died also. Yesterday I added a mystery snail to see how it would do, so far so good. I took my water to my LFS to check the water after the platy's died and they said it was good. I don't want to kill anymore fish so I was wondering what could be going on. Throughout all of these issues the 1 ghost shrimp has survived and been active and eating well. I have a 20G high with a penguin 150b and a tetra whisper 40. the water temp is 77 to 78, Ph is 7.6, KH and GH are within healthy range and like i said i have no ammonia or nitrite but around 20 ppm nitrate. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom