Strange water readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardex

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thursday when I did my partial change I had a strange reeding so I waited a few days and retested got the same result

One of the tubes is ammonia and one of them is nitrate but I don't know what one is what, tank is well established been running 5 years everything else is what I expect

Ph 7.8
Hardness liquid rock
Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0?

I did a second check with the strips and got the same results so I will take a water sample to the lfs when they open later for another test but any ideas what could cause this ?

Attachments

• image-710878687.jpg
    image-710878687.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 84
Sorry this is not helping your case but, your cat is like why are you taking a picture of me with tubes i your hand.

He was trying to figure out if he can eat the tubes yesterday he went nuts when I put a cucumber slice in the tank without letting him try it first

Assuming you're testing correctly and the kits have not expired, you basically have no nitrates, which is not necessarily bad. How much and how often do you feed? Do you keep live plants? What's your maintenance regimen like? What fish do you keep?

David

Lots of plants stocking is 40 assorted tetras and 8 corys with 3 mystery snails in 55 gallons I normally do 10 gallons on Thursday and 5 on Sunday treat the water with 10 ml of liquid c02 each day in the morning feed 1 cube of frozen food each night ( brine shrimp blood worms or the little bugs that start with d but can't remember the name of) and shrimp pellets twice a week and a veggie Saturday filters are 2 AC 70 on lowest setting and a hob uv sterilizer

Attachments

• image-416597128.jpg
    image-416597128.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom