Stressed out fish ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does moving your current decor around or adding decor to your tank stress your fish out?

Me and my dad got Into a heated argument about how it does or doesn't and I'd like to know your alls opinion :)

Does moving your current decor around or adding decor to your tank stress your fish out?

Me and my dad got Into a heated argument about how it does or doesn't and I'd like to know your alls opinion :)

Does not. People do it all the time. All it does is make the fish feel like its in a new tank and remove all territories.

Does not. People do it all the time. All it does is make the fish feel like its in a new tank and remove all territories.

Yeah it's a good thing to move things around aggressive cichlid aquariums when you add a new one. It makes everyone find a new home, and the new guy doesn't get singled out.

Alright good ! My dad thinks he knows everything about fish keeping lol

Yeah it's a good thing to move things around aggressive cichlid aquariums when you add a new one. It makes everyone find a new home, and the new guy doesn't get singled out.

I just have a pair of rams and a community type setting. Nice to know there's no stress when moving stuff around :)

yeah they should be fine, just dont crush or back them into a corner or anything. my platies stay close to my hand to see what im doing when im moving/pruning my plants.

Sillyfishies said:
My fish try to eat my hand when I'm adjusting stuff ...

My biggest Senegal bichir chomper removed a chunk of skin from my finger when he was about 9in. All I wanted to do was replant a sword that had come unrooted.

Of course it stresses them out :/ Imagine a giant hand rearranging where you live :p That said just make sure you only change one half of the tank any given day and your fish will have somewhere to hide and should be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom