Struggling to keep tank temp to 31c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mileymoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm trying to eradicate whitespot (ich) using salt and high temp my tank will only go up to 30c but the heater says 31c how could I make it warmer my fish are ok with the high temp, I've lower the water level and I'm doing 40%water changes every three days and clean gravel, will 30c get rid of ich if I kepted the temp up for 7-10 days please help I'm nearly there with a clean healthy tank, all my water reading are fine gonna have it tested today, could I buy another heater and turn it down?

I'm trying to eradicate whitespot (ich) using salt and high temp my tank will only go up to 30c but the heater says 31c how could I make it warmer my fish are ok with the high temp, I've lower the water level and I'm doing 40%water changes every three days and clean gravel, will 30c get rid of ich if I kepted the temp up for 7-10 days please help I'm nearly there with a clean healthy tank, all my water reading are fine gonna have it tested today, could I buy another heater and turn it down?

What does the thermometer say? Usually the heater is slightly higher than the actual water temps

Put a lid on the tank / cover it to keep the heat in better I would think

Back
Top Bottom